Thursday, February 2, 2012

Autism Fire




Sleep sleep sleep
I miss you sleep
the comfort of 
peaceful sleep

Autism stress stress autism
aches aches = autism?
I don't know
need peaceful sleep

dreamland nightmare land
rest stress
one both
need peaceful sleep

stress i can deal
autism i can deal
together no no no
it's like a burning fire

autism emotions 
go to joints
fire ants eat and chew
burn a fire

autism mind
busy spin
think see
feel seek

stress emotions
brain burns
heart hurts
heart races

No sleep for me
no sleep for me
joints burn
brain thinks of many many

how much is this
how much is that
i want to eat i want to hear
just to sleep to rest

how much is this
how much is that
take care of home and pets
just to sleep to rest

restless restless
legs move
body follows
brain takes own path

am I with myself?
I wander I move
I seek I search
Teddy follows

sometimes my head in autism
autism spins thinks seeks
wanders searches
takes my body

Never alone
in the day a wubby/family
in the night if wubby sleep
a doggie Teddy

God/dess sent Teddy
angel Charlie sent Teddy
always safe never alone
if more then Teddy, Teddy get wubby

Chaos chaos chaos
autism and stress...stress and autism
combination chaotic
mess mess mess

Autism Carrie wants to
spin flap stim spin flap stim
stress Carrie needs to
take control present control

Where to go
how to deal
if only I could sleep
peaceful sleep 

Then maybe tomorrow
ah tomorrow after peaceful sleep
maybe then
release relief relief release

Autism a known part of me
familiar almost comfortable
when your symptoms visit
i know how to deal

Stress dreaded stress
how i try to avoid
mix you with my autism
and in comes chaos

I hope I pray I plead for sleep
release of symptoms
from both
maybe then my brain is mine



Life with Carrie Lynn....by Jamie aka "Wubby"

I love how in her poetry Carrie is somehow able to give just a taste of her autistic brain. When I first found out she was autistic/aspergers, I honestly did not know what it meant, but I knew that spark was growing, so I figured I would learn and deal with it. I quickly learned that dealing with an autistic spouse was a lesson in patience, but also a daily miracle forming right in front of my eyes.

Carrie Lynn is a woman of great contrasts. Serious and playful, a genius and child, innocent and experienced, brilliant and simple. Embracing her autism and allowing herself to flap, flip, spin, and stim brought out creativity, happiness, and absolute joy. She was meta-morphing into a vibrant woman and nothing seem to stop her. The chains of her past, breaking.

Her hearing loss, although life long, had not stopped her. She could read lips, fill in the blanks. Her social interaction classes, observation, and lots of practice allowed her to interact so well, people did not realize that she had only 30 percent hearing at best. Then she lost that.

Put stress on an neuro-normal person and its bad. Put it on an autistic person and the emotions become physical pain, the thoughts become explosions, and millions of tiny pin pricks attack like an all encompassing war on the mind, body and soul. And no one gets it.

So she lays awake....and she wanders around the house....and she gets in the tub to stop the pin pricks, and she comes back and hopes that if she lays near me, Teddy, and Ruby, the wandering will cease. The pain will settle, and her mind will slow down. And she waits.

5 comments:

Heatherlane said...

I love what you wrote, because my son and I have aspergers.

Carrie Lynn Humphreys/ Autistic Mystic said...

Thanks for joining the group Heather.

heatherlane said...

:)

Tonia said...

I also love what you have written and I am reading older posts as well... I am not autistic or have asperger's but my son does.

Carrie Lynn Humphreys/ Autistic Mystic said...

Tonia, thanks for joining us!