Saturday, January 28, 2012

King of the Mountain of Destruction...or "Im taking my hope and going home"




I understand competition. I enjoy competition. I've delivered and received defeat, both to and from my competitors. I understand winning. I understand losing. 


What I don't understand. I don't understand enjoyment in total destruction. I don't understand delight in breaking a heart. I don't understand destroying another one's hope. 

It seems to me as of late competition has changed. No longer do we see a gracious winner bend down to take the hand and pull up the defeated. The conqueror and the defeated somewhere along the line stopped seeing each other as human. 



To win without compassion is to destroy another human's hope. What happens by destroying another humans hope? The other human is destroyed. If this continues on, there can only be one singular victor that stands alone among a pile of nothingness and inhumanity, for he has destroyed all other humans. 






Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.

HOPE-REVENGE
HOPE-JEALOUSY
HOPE-SHAME
Hope, whose whisper would have given
Balm to all my frenzied pain,
Stretched her wings, and soared to heaven,
Went, and ne'er returned again!
EMILY BRONTE, Hope

HOPE-ENVY
HOPE-MADNESS
HOPE-JOYLESSNESS


The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope.
VICTOR HUGO, Les Misérables

HOPE-LONLINESS
HOPE-BULLYING 
HOPE-IGNORANCE

Job 5:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 So the poor have hope,
   and injustice shuts its mouth. 
 
HOPE-DESTROY
HOPE-FEAR
HOPE-HYPOCRISY 


Most of us as children loved the game of "king of the mountain". But suddenly in today's time, it no longer seems to be a game. What is the game, what is the challenge, to be the king and stand on a pile of destruction? 

Can anyone tell me why one would totally destroy another one's hope?  

No comments: