Monday, April 9, 2012

258 days and counting!!!

1 Corinthians 13:13
For there are these three things that endure: 
Faith, Hope and Love, 
but the greatest of these is Love. 
Aramaic Bible
 
 Easter is over, Christ has risen, spring is here, Ostara has made her return as promised with spring hope and blooms , birds, and love are in the air. 

So now what do we do? These gifts have been given to us with no expectations in return. Yet many look down on these gifts and offer little thanks.

If love doesn't fit OUR definition we refuse to count it as true Holy Spiritual love. Are we scared? Are we snobs? Do we feel it is a competition? 
 
 
 
 
So many times CHURCHES want to make women second best.... but when you truly read ANY religious history including Christianity there is male and female, equal in the divine. At no time is this more prevalent than in the spring with the hope and promise of new life.

 "A religion without a goddess is halfway to atheism."
 _anonymous
Mother Gaia

 To see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone.
-The Buddha
 
As I said Easter is over and we have 258 days tell Christmas Eve and about the same for Winter Solstice, as Christians and other spiritual folks what do we do in the middle?
 
How about follow some of the Buddhism teachings and not only learn more about Christianity and the bible and Christian history, but lets go where few dare to go.....lets study each other, each religion and see where we meet..where we are the same...stop with the semantics and differences in names , instead of diverging at the fork in the road lets meet there!


"Love all, with sincere love and concern" 
Islamic

Jesus used the word Shelama in his native Aramaic , meaning unconditional love for each other. Most other prophets in the majority of religions challenge us to this form of love. We do don't get to pick and chose which neighbors we love.


 And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
Khalil Gibran-Arabic

As for me I found out ow great my love for my God/dess and Her love for me was, during the few most painful moments of my life...when I lost my twin, my brother....I lost faith in every thing , my world fell apart so intently I wasn't even sure of gravity. Not only did I fall to my knees in grief, I was totally prostrate holding on to blades of grass to ground me, scared I would some how fall off the world. And gently so gently He called me back, She refilled my heart with the love that was never gone. Again I was able to stand, to be some what whole.

We have 258 days to not hate, to not judge, to not make fun , to not be cruel or hurt.

258 days to make our prophets and God/ Goddesses pleased with our growth, with each of us bringing heaven closer to earth

What will you do with those 258 days?

2 comments:

Aiynjel said...

All I can say to this one is..WOW!!! and SO TRUE!!! I love this one as much as I love all the others.. still playing catch up, but i'm getting there.. Love is so many things and means so much, takes on so many different looks and standings..It is what one person feels and accepts as love that truly makes love conquer all...even the loss of someone or something so dear to us...<3

Terry said...

Shelama