Monday, March 12, 2012

Tick Tock

 
 
12 MARCH
Show other people
that you value their
time. Today, plan to
arrive 15 minutes
early for everything.
Give up being late.

Random bit first, I'm always early...like for work, a few minutes early, set up my station...go clock in and then back to get to my first dog in plenty of time. Then today of all days, considering the challenge, I found out we are not allowed to be behind the counter to set up early. Bummer, dude!
 
Time is a very precious thing. Do you take other people's time into consideration when arranging your day? For example, if you are meeting a group of people, do you arrive a few minutes early so you don't waste their time in waiting on you, or do you find your time more important and valuable and arrive late as to never have to waste your time?

In my opinion, time is an extremely valuable commodity. Yet it is often and easy commodity to waste. We waste our own by, well, just doing nothing (yes I know there are many definitions of "nothing" including facebook/tv/fiction books, etc.)

We often waste friends and employers time. We waste friend's time by making them wait on us or not showing up for plans or promises unkept. The list of how we waste employers time could go on and on. Anything from personal phone calls and text messaging to pretending to be busy when the boss comes by. 
 
Bottom line, time is something we all have the same amount of. Respect mine, respect your employers, respect your own and accept nothing less in return. 
 

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”

-H Jackson Brown

 
 


 

Ecclesiastes 3

New Life Version (NLV)
A Time for Everything
 1 There is a special time for everything. There is a time for everything that happens under heaven. 2 There is a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pick what is planted. 3 There is a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up. 4 There is a time to cry, and a time to laugh; a time to have sorrow, and a time to dance. 5 There is a time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones; a time to kiss, and a time to turn from kissing. 6 There is a time to try to find, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away. 7 There is a time to tear apart, and a time to sew together; a time to be quiet, and a time to speak. 8 There is a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

13 MARCH
Stop stressing about
money. It won’t help.
Plan, don’t panic.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I alsways think about the time I have and how much of it I have wasted on things that did not deserve the time I invested. I can not get that time back nor can anyone else, but we can make the time we have every day matter. We all have work, appointments, etcetera, but not all of our time is taken by one thing or another. It is up to us what we do with our time and who or waht we spend it on. I may not be able to get the time back that I lost or that I had with a special someone in my life, but I know that I can make better use of the time I have left. Every day I wake up, I thank God/dess and do all I can, within my physical limitations to make the best of my time. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but I always give it the best try I can.